Do you own an Oscar Schmidt instrument?
Register it using our online warranty registration form.
Oscar Schmidt instruments are warranted to be free from defective materials and craftsmanship from date of purchase to the original purchaser when purchased from an authorized Oscar Schmidt dealer.
Duration Of Coverage
The duration of coverage varies by instrument type and in some instances the specific aspect of the instrument.
- Autoharps have a five year, non transferable warranty.
- Electronic controls are covered for a period of one year.
- Other instruments including Oscar Schmidt acoustic guitars, electric guitars, basses, bluegrass and ukuleles provide a limited lifetime warranty, which is non transferable.
Oscar Schmidt will repair or replace, at its option, any Oscar Schmidt instrument or part thereof which is found by Oscar Schmidt to be defective. The customer pays transportation costs to and from Oscar Schmidt. Oscar Schmidt reserves the right to use materials readily available at the time of the repair. Warranty service requires a copy of the Proof of Purchase (sales receipt) to be presented at time of service request.
What is covered against manufacturing defects
Parts and Labor to correct any defect in materials used and any defect attributable to workmanship.
What is not covered
- Instruments that have been modified after original shipment from the Oscar Schmidt factory.
- Instruments whose serial numbers have been altered or removed.
- Instruments that have been subjected to extreme humidity or temperature conditions.
- Instruments that have been damaged due to misuse, neglect, or accident.
- Normal wear and tear to serviceable parts such as strings, tuning machines, electronic controls and frets.
- Instruments that have been purchased from an unauthorized Oscar Schmidt dealer.
- Warranty claims by anyone other than the original purchaser.
- Freight charges to and from the factory or authorized service center for customer owned goods.
- Any and all charges incurred from priority service requests (Rush Service) or priority shipping for replacement parts.
- Any and all charges if no problem is found.
Oscar Schmidt is not responsible for any items left in gig bags or cases. We strongly advise that all personal items, picks, sheet music, cords, cables, tuners, etc. should be removed. Any questions regarding factory service should be directed to the following location:
Oscar Schmidt ℅ KMC Music
310 West Newberry Road
Bloomfield, CT 06002
Register your instrument: online warranty registration form